Tetsuya Mochizuki graduated from the Tokyo University of the Arts. He completed the University’s graduate school and the Nikikai Opera Institute program. He studied in Vienna through the Program of Overseas Study for Upcoming Artists of the Agency for Cultural Affairs. Performances in Japan include the title role in the Tokyo Nikikai Opera Foundation production of La Clemenza di Tito, the New National Theatre, Tokyo productions of Yashagaike (Demon Pond) as Akira,Die Zauberflöte as Tamino, Salome as Narraboth, the Biwako Hall, Kanagawa Kenmin Hall co-production of La Bohème as Rodolfo, the Biwako Hall production of Die Walkure as Siegmund. He has a repertoire of more than 40 Christian music pieces and oratorios, including Bach’s Matthäus-Passion. He performed the role of Naraboth in the 2018 production of Salome,conducted by Charles Dutoit (Shanghai). He is scheduled to perform the same role at the 2019 Osaka International Festival.
He has released the CD Cosi Fan Tutte with the MOZART SINGERS JAPAN. He is a member of the Tokyo Nikikai Opera Foundation.
2020 Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg
- 2020/6/14・17 【Tokyo Bunka kaikan Main Hall】
- 2020/6/21・24・27・30 【New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE】
- 2020/7/5 【Hyogo Performing Arts Center KOBELCO Grand Hall】
2021 Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg
- August 4, 7 【Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main Hall】
- November 18, 21, 24, 28, December 1 【New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE】