Kazushi Ono is Music Director of Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra and Orquestra Simfònica de Barcelona i Nacional de Catalunya. Since September 2016, he has served as an Artistic Consultant for opera at the New National Theatre, Tokyo and now assumes the office of Artistic Director of Opera from September 2018.
He was formerly General Music Director of Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe, Music Director of La Monnaie in Brussels, Principal Guest Conductor of Filarmonica Arturo Toscanini. From 2008 to 2017, Kazushi Ono maintained his position as Principal Conductor of Opéra National de Lyon, during which he attracted international critical acclaim with landmark performances of works such as Prokofiev’s “The Gamblers”, Berg’s “Lulu” and Wagner’s “Parsifal”, thus reinforcing the company’s reputation for creating a series of new productions, including the compelling double bill of Dallapiccola’s “Il prigioniero” and Schönberg’s “Erwartung”（2013）; Beethoven’s “Fidelio”, in Lyon and at the Edinburgh International Festival（2013）; Britten’s “Peter Grimes” and “The Turn of the Screw”（2014）; Debussy’s “Pelléas et Mélisande”, Berlioz’s “La damnation de Faust”（2015）, and Shostakovich’s “Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk”（2016）.
Following his tenure as Principal Conductor in Lyon, he was awarded ‘Officier de l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres’by French cultural minister Françoise Nyssen, a further distinguished title adding to the prestigious Asahi Prize,given in January 2015, for his contribution to Japanese society. This award distinguishes individuals who have greatly contributed to the development and progress of Japanese culture and society at large.
- 2019/7/12・13・14 【Tokyo Bunka kaikan Main Hall】
- 2019/7/18・20・21 ・22 【New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE】
- 2019/7/27・28 【BIWAKO HALL Main Theatre】
- 2019/8/3・4 【Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater】
2020 Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg
- 2020/6/14・17 【Tokyo Bunka kaikan Main Hall】
- 2020/6/21・24・27・30 【New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE】
- 2020/7/5 【Hyogo Performing Arts Center KOBELCO Grand Hall】
2021 Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg
- August 4, 7 【Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main Hall】
- November 18, 21, 24, 28, December 1 【New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE】