- 2021Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg
- Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main HallAugust 4, 7
- New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACENovember 18, 21, 24, 28
- Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main HallJuly 12, 13, 14
- New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACEJuly 18, 20, 21, 22
- BIWAKO HALL Main TheatreJuly 27, 28
- Sapporo Cultural Arts TheaterAugust 3, 4
2020Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg
- Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main HallJune 14, 17
- New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACEJune 21, 24, 27, 30
- Hyogo Performing Arts Center KOBELCO Grand HallJuly 5
The Summer Festival Opera 2019-20 Japan↔Tokyo↔World is a 2-year international opera project developed by theTokyo Bunka Kaikan and the New National Theatre, Tokyo, in cooperation with the leading theaters in the regions,in line with the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020.
In 2019, we will present TURANDOT （Puccini） which is set in Asia （China）. It will be directed by Alex Olle, theartistic director of La Fura dels Baus, the theatre company that directed the opening ceremony of the BarcelonaOlympics. The project was conceived by Maestro Kazushi Ono, musical director of the Barcelona SymphonyOrchestra. It is also a big topic that this orchestra will visit Japan for the first time in 24 years and play in the pit.
In 2020, we will present DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NURNBERG （Wagner）. A grand festival opera, with TokyoBunka Kaikan, New National Theatre, Tokyo, Salzburg Easter Festival and Semperoper Dresden performed as aninternational co-production. The Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra which is the legacy of the Tokyo 1964Olympic Games will perform again in the pit to boost the year 2020.