Schedule & tickets
|Performance date||Venue||Booking Opens||Book Tickets||Sunday 14 June 2020 14:00||Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main Hall||9 November 2019||
|Wednesday 17 June 2020 12:00||
|Sunday 21 June 2020 14:00||New National Theatre, Tokyo OPERA PALACE||8 March 2020||
|Wednesday 24 June 2020 16:00||
|Saturday 27 June 2020 14:00||
|Tuesday 30 June 2020 12:00||
|July TBD||Hyogo Performing Arts Center||in preparation||
- Set Design:Mathis NEIDHARDT
- Costume Design:Sibylle GÄDEKE
- Lighting Design:Fabio ANTOCI
- Choreography:Ramses SIGL
Thomas Johannes MAYER
Bjarni Thor KRISTINSSON
Walther von Stolzing
Afternoon mass at Saint Catherine’s church. The knight Walther falls in love at first sight with Eva, the daughter of goldsmith Pogner. Walther finds out that the winner of the Mestersinger contest on the following day, will win Eva’s hand in marriage.He learns the rules of song composing from David, the cobbler apprentice. During the preliminary trial, the town clerk Bechmesser, who want to marry Eva, gives Walther a failing mark, but the cobbler Sachs praises Walther’s free spirit and talent.
That evening in front of Sachs’ house. Bechmesser appears and serenades Eva. David mistakenly thinks it is his sweetheart who is being serenaded and punches Bechmesser, causing a riot that involves the whole town.
Following morning at Sachs’ house. Walther and Sachs composes a song for the contest. Beckmesser appears and finds the draft of Walther’s song. Sachs gives the draft to Beckmesser.
Beside the Pegnitz River, the site of the singing contest,Beckmesser sings a song based on the draft he found, but he gets laughed at. He accuses Sachs of tricking him, but Sachs announces that the song is Walther’s. When Walther sings his song, everybody is moved. Walther wins Eva’s hand in marriage, but declines the title of Meistersinger. Sachs persuades him to accept the title. The opera ends with a chorus lauding the arts of Germany.
- General Producer : ONO Kazushi
- Produced by : Tokyo Bunka Kaikan/New National Theatre, Tokyo/Salzburg Easter Festival/Semperoper Dresden
- Presented by：
- ［Performances at Tokyo Bunka Kaikan］ Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo Bunka Kaikan（Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture）
［Performances at New National Theatre, Tokyo］ New National Theatre Foundation
- Co-presented by : ［Performances at Tokyo Bunka Kaikan］Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra
- Collaborated by : Nikikai21 Co., Ltd